Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, April 15, 2024

Daño en el Baño

On my mission, I have only been unable to finish all the food on my plate two times. One time was this week Élder Hill and I whipped up a BOWL of goulash then straightway headed to a member meal. They made us lomo saltado (Lomo saltado is a popular, traditional Peruvian dish, a stir fry that typically combines marinated strips of sirloin with onions, tomatoes, french fries, and other ingredients; and is typically served with rice). I literally asked them to make lomo saltado cuz I love it. We ate it up then they gave us a "poco" more and that thang was big. So I went in again and got like halfway done, and then it hit. I was gonna throw up! Maybe, maybe not. I didn't know. But I have seen Home Alone enough times that I thought of a scheme. I excused myself to the baño. The bathroom door didn't work of course, so it was like slightly open. I full blasted the sink (noise cancellation), quietly puked in the toilet, then realized the sink drain wasn't working so I plunged it and then I blew my nose, and rice and tomatoes came out. I'm pretty sure no one noticed because I left the baño all within 5 minutes. Super goofy tbh.
Elder Moyle and I at the Madrid temple.


Without a doubt, the highlight of this week for me was the temple! I feel super blessed to have been able to enter the temple right after President Nelson invited us to go with more frequency. Elder Hill had a residency appointment in Madrid along with another new missionary so we had to capitalize. Elder Moyle and I woke up early and took three metros to the temple, we got there are 9:01am and couldn't get in that session so we waited for the 10am sesh. Even though I wasn't directly participating in an ordinance for myself personally, I think it has been the most impactful experience I have had in the temple. 

1.  Covenants with God are serious, and commandments are serious too.
2. It is probably impossible to keep all your covenants and the commandments without daily reading the Book of Mormon and praying.
3. God forgives us, and it is important to Him that we know that we are forgiven.

DyC 112:1-3
"Verily thus saith the Lord unto you my servant __________: I have heard thy prayers; and thine alms have come up as a memorial before me, in behalf of those, thy brethren, who were chosen to bear testimony of my name and to send it abroad among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, and ordained through the instrumentality of my servants. 
2 Verily I say unto you, there have been some few things in thine heart and with thee with which I, the Lord, was not well pleased. 
3 Nevertheless, inasmuch as thou hast abased thyself thou shalt be exalted; therefore, all thy sins are forgiven thee."

Abased = humble

I know that Jesus made it possible for us to be forgiven. Forgiveness allows us to be happy and confident.

Love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...