Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, April 8, 2024

Opps Stoppa

General Conferencia was nice like always. I especially loved Elder Stevenson's talk about suspension bridges and the two great commandments, Elder Christofferson's talk about having a testimony of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, and how we go to His church, not the bishops' church. And of course, Presidente Nelson came in nicely with the talk about temples. I am going to study more about the covenants I have made. I also loved the 2nd song in the Saturday afternoon session, "Count Your Blessings."  It was a spirit bringer and it was super impressive when the choir all paused in specific times.





I am studying about how we can help amigos with a baptismal date be fully mentally y spiritually prepared and excited for their baptism and confirmación day. Also, I have been trying to use way more analogies in my lessons and things, so the analogy of a wedding came to mind. Literally the exact same thing. Secret for all the lads preparing to go on missions, it is a LOT of planning, planning weeks, days, lessons. Baptisms, Sundays, rides, activities, exchanges, travel, food etc. Kinda like a mom. Maybe I can come home and be a wedding planner, here a  pic below:




The only relation between a baptism and a wedding that was the same thing as "problems" in a baptism there is always a problem or something that goes wrong, (font doesn't fill, amigo doesn't feel ready enough...), and in a wedding plan probably a lot of things go wrong idk. In school there are problems, in the family there are problems... I don't think anything on this earth is exempt from having problems. In fact, the Book of Mormon talks about this:

2 Nefi 2:11
"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad."

I think I used to not like this scripture, but I like it now because I know that there will always be oposisión (problems are probably the wrong word tbh) in everything that happens. There was a talk about this at conference too. So, be prepared for the oppas! Jesus will help.

YOUNG CHAP!!!!

Èlder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...