Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, February 19, 2024

Rebajon Robber

Happy Valentine's Day week, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" - God.


Kinda looks like San Diego?

Well, rip the bikes 😢 On Saturday, we walked outside, and lo and behold the bike chain was cut and the normal-sized mountain bike was gone. The password for the chain is 1820, if the dude knew about Jose Smith and the First Vision the robbery would've been a lot smoother for him, but whatever. It's actually really sad because biking was so effective and fun. The funny part was that they didn't rob the payaso (small bike) lol, that's a blessing.
The New District
The weather was really good this week, sunny, rainy, cold, hot, and sunsets. I think this is the first time that I have written about the weather on my mission, it is because Elder Hill is in love with Spain and everything about it. I have definitely been more appreciative of the little cool things this week thanks to being comps with the new Elder Hill. Last night we were waiting for our bus and there was one of the Clone War bathroom Komunak porta potties so I had to show him it. This one didn't have a laser like the last one I tried. I went in after Elder Hill but I forgot that these baños (komunak in basque "euskera") rinse clean themselves after every use, so when I went inside the door locked itself, the toilet seat flipped up and water started spraying onto the floor. Luckily the water doesn't spray from the walls, more like the floorboard area, so I was able to do a barn-door rock climbing maneuver to balance in the slightly elevated doorway as the soapy water started filling up the floor and the lights turned off. I felt like I was in a Star Wars movie or sum. 
We missed our bus and were chilling by this big statue called "estatue de los fueros" if you wanna look it up and Elder Hill out of the blue just goes, "WOAH!" me- "What bro?" "WE ARE IN SPAIN!!" and then proceeded to slap the statue to make sure it was real. I am sure I did the exact same thing a few times with Elder Nelson haha. 
Me and the boys playing a sacred tune
A crazy miracle is happening with our amigo from Portugal (Valerio is his name) and his female (Martha, she is a member of the church), allow me to compare. They are not married but are coming to church and want to get baptized. Before you can be baptized one needs to obey the commandments, one is the Law of Chastity (Matthew 5:27-28, New Testament). So on Saturday, we taught them about the Temple and marriage. Three-fourths of the way through the lesson Martha goes, "Vamos a casarnos el 27 de Febrero!" "We are going to get married on the 27th of February" whattttttttttttttttttttt? So ya, they have come to church three times in a row and are gonna get married in a week. I am astounded by God's timing, it is perfect. 
 I have been working out every morning. Let's go!
Overall, this transfer is definitely way different than the last two with Elder Romrell and Elder Miranda, but I listened to the talk "Remember Lot's Wife" and Elder Holland was saying that if you are stuck in the past, it is a way of showing God that you don't have faith in His plan and yourself in a way, so I am focusing on looking forward with an eye of faith.
Jose Maria
 
Jose Maria from Argentina got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! He is an awesome guy, and I've never seen someone be so passionate about Mate. 

James 1:22 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." 

Our amigo, Jesus, asked us if we had seen his keys, and we said "no" but if you pray for them you'll find them. He prayed and then found them (1 Nephi 10:19)
Love, Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad about the bikes! Is it possible to put them inside? That's so exciting about Valerio and Martha! They are converted! Sounds like Elder Hill appreciates his surroundings and shows gratitude for the little things. Awesome! Make it a great week ! Love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...