Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, February 12, 2024

¿New Fav Scripture?

Elder Miranda x Elder Ditto was too good to be true so now we are running Elder Hill x Elder Ditto until it becomes too good to be true. I actually miss Élder Miranda, he is a brother from another mother, I'm gonna be front row in his marriage and padel tournaments, no doubt. We weren't like magically best bros but we had some really good talks and evened out any problems we did have and now we are pure homies.

Farewell Élder Miranda
Brother from another mother
Comiendo olivos con Dios. We got to fly First Class to Madrid!!!  

I was thinking about the saying "All good things come to an end" and I think it is true, but also I was thinking about the Plan of Salvación and how the whole point of it is so that the good things and joy actually don't come to an end. Quite interesting to think about. I love studying about the Plan of Salvación. I have gained a better appreciation for the perfectness, justness, and merciness of Heavenly Father. We had Fabrizio (our amigo) draw on the chalkboard everything he knew about God's Plan for him. He drew a world without people, a world with sad people, and a world with happy people. Pretty good but when we taught him the plan that God actually has for him, it made a lot more sense.


Training a new young lad

Two siervos de Dios en the Heart of Pamplona
Being a new missionary is so crazy, I forgot how different and new and cool and hard and confusing and important everything is in the beginning. I'm grateful for Elder Hill because I've been able to appreciate a few things more, things that I maybe took for granted. My goal is to help him feel super confident in his Spanish and enjoy every day of our time in Pamplona. Especially the "bad" ones, so it's gonna have to start with my attitude. I feel like I'm gonna learn some important lessons from these transfers!

Faith = attitude
Elder Hill and myself

One more thing, I have been thinking of this verse for probably 3 weeks straight and singing "Love One Another." This might be my new favorite scripture. It's between Juan 13:35 and Éter 12:27. Which one is better???? No sé kp

John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another."

Or 

Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
A pillar of light rested on him, the windows of heaven were open again, they called him by name, chosen by God, he was part of a bigger plan, it all began, with a Pillar of Light.

This email is already very long so why not make it longer? Focusing a little more on the topic of a new missionary and the crazy language barrier and that vibe, my testimony has gotten stronger that missionaries are God's Work, it is His. It is not mine and it is not yours, and that is how the Gospel will be shared in every nation kindred tongue, and people.  God uses us young, imperfect, weak lads to help out in His work. And it will be accepted because the message of The Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ is true whether it comes out in perfect Spanish or super bad Spanglish. A fact is a fact. Quavo probably said that a while ago, I just didn't catch it.


Love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...