Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, February 5, 2024

Jajetopata mita'i

We made dinner with our new friends who recently got baptized and ate it together at the church.

Transfer news update happening at the end of the week:

Elder Miranda is getting shipped off to Madrid to serve in a city called Carabanchel with Elder Gomez. Elder Romrell is flying to practically Africa, he is going to the Canary Islands again, the island of La Gran Canary, a city called Vecindario. Elder Stones and I are staying in Pamplona and I am going to train a yunglad.


We had two intercambios (exchanges) this week. One with Elder Smith in Pamp and the other with Elder Romrell also here.
Elder Smith and I focused on "teaching always" as I Iike to call it. This could mean teaching for 5 or 10 minutes in the street, on Facebook, or on a call. One goal I have been thinking of is teaching at least one time every hour of proselyting time or eight "lessons" every day. Anyways, enough missionary stuff lemme tell you a miracle:

A chaval was speeed walking in the park and I signaled bro to stop, his name was Diego. Taught him the restauracion (God loves you, Joseph Smith saw God, and The Book of Mormon will help you!) and he loved it. We gave him the Book of Mormon, then we scheduled a lesson and bounced. Two hours later we were on the way to a lesson in the church (which is like one mile away). We received a text from a member of the church saying, "I am already here in the church, ready for our lesson with the investigator!" Sick. Then another text from the investigator, "I can't come to the lesson" poop.

*Btw the member biked like 20 minutes to come to the church and then the lesson was cancelled.* Lesson cancellations happen quite a bit, but I was still like bruhhhhh

So I thought for a good second, looked around for a miracle, and couldn't see one, so I prayed, "Heavenly Father, please help me know what to do right now, Amen." 

Then I looked up and saw a couple from Nicaragua and thought, "God is the best, these people are for sure gonna have interest and we can teach them in the church right now with our member." We talked to  them while crossing the street and then figured out they had 0 interest. 

Just then I looked up again and saw... DIEGO. BRUHHHHH, no puede ser. After he talked to us in the park he got a haircut and we found him as he was, still speedwalking down the street with his Book of Mormon in hand. W. He said he had 10 minutes so we went into the church and had a lesson with Diego and our member. Prayer is my favorite superpower.

Diagram of our miracle

I drew a picture of this story because it's definitely impossible to follow haha.

Some things I learned from Elder Miranda:
1. Guarani, and things about Paraguay
2. forgiving fast
3. diligence
4. I love Elder Miranda

Some things I learned from Elder Romrell:
1. Charity
2. Treat everyone equally
3. How to cut hair

Think about your prayers, can you make them better? Hasta Loogo
Pday fun!
Love, 

Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...