Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, January 29, 2024

Humming to God

This week we met with a family that has two boys who are really similar and two years apart. It reminded me a lot of my lil bro Cooper. Shoutout Coopy and Genesis 4:9. 

My uncle used to call us bear cubs as Cooper and I always were together.

Dinner with two great kids!





Algunos cosos: 

We are teaching a lad who believes in everything imaginable. Astrology, energies, buddha, etc. We asked him to pray in the first lesson and he clasped his hands together in the shape of a handgun, put his thumbs on his nose and his pointer fingers on his forehead then asked us, "Is it ok if I do it in the ancient manner?" We said, "... si" and then he started humming and beautiful tune, I was tempted to beatbox and throw on a freestyle but then he switched into word mode and said some words then stopped (without "amen"). QUE?? pretty wild that he prays like that. We have met with him one time after that and I got to understand him a little more. Satan is working so hard to confuse people on earth. To take away their identity in any way. Satan has caused our amigo to hum to an elephant instead of praying with words in the name of Jesus Christ to his loving Father in Heaven. The Book of Mormon is gonna be key for our amigo, all he has to do is read it with an open heart.
You are a child of God! He knows you and you used to talk to him every day in the premortal world. You can still talk to him, but just over phone by saying a heartfelt prayer. One day we will see our Heavenly dad again, so now is the "time to prepare to meet God" (Alma, 82BC) 


Vilma made us some delicious food!
- I slept talked in Portuguese, um poco, pero I said "vose" so that's a dub

- I went to work on the "payaso" bike and fixed the pedal and the chain, it was unusually fun. The pedal later broke completely off but the chain is running smooooth.

- Did some fun object lessons with the members here. I am trying to think of more ideas, if you have any send em my way. We did a "fiery darts of the adversary" for 1 Nephi 15:24 by shooting paper hornets. And Alma 12:10 by doing a scavenger hunt. 
Noche de Hogar with the zone
Works Cited

Mormon, The Book of. 600BC, ancient prophets. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Testament, Old. 0BC, ancient prophets. King James Version.

Sorry, I didn't take a lot of pics this week. Adios tioooooooos

Love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...