Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, January 22, 2024

Grande Eres Tu

I know every week can't be heavenly, so I am enjoying this one. This past week was one I'll remember.

The Bay of Biscay surrounds San Juan de Gaztelugatxe which is a clifftop church. The location has been a tourist attraction for centuries but has exploded in popularity following its appearance in Games of Thrones.  They were doing some work on it so we couldn't actually go out to the island.


For Pday I went to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, it is dreamy but I def miss playing fútbol and hiking mountains with Dad and my bros. Kinda random but it's verdad.



We visited a couple from Belarusia who only speak Russian, no Span or English. It was awesome. I don't know when the missionaries last visited them but they literally treated us like kings. We got there, said "pryvit brat!" (Hola hermano) and they gave us slippers and to wear while we were there. It was a crazy feeling to be in that lesson and just absolutely not be able to say a single word to them. It reminded me of the first part of my mission. But more importantly, it reminded me that I personally am not the reason anyone is gonna or has been converted to the gospel. The spirit has been, and always will be the teacher, I love the Holy Ghost man.
We did District Council outside and it was really fun, I love being with all the crew. 
Snapped some pics of the Book of Mormon for Facebook, are they good?
English Class
Ok, English Class is an absolute hack on the mission. It's hard to start it up, but once it gets going EVERYONE wants to come. They love it. We had 40 people come last week, our goal is 100. It's lowkey sad how many people are interested in the English language in comparison to Jesus but we are working on it.
I'll never forget the joy I felt on this day!
Betzabeth, Maryori, and Luana got baptized and confirmed. Everything went really smoothly, shoutout to the ward here and the Hermann's fr. The whole time I was focusing on enjoying the day and making it the best day ever for this family. They were a little nervous (normal) but they all got baptized without problems and it was the most happy thing to see them smiling right after. Also like legit 3/4 of the ward pulled up 🙏. We finished the program singing "How Great Thou Art," but "Grande Eres Tu" and BOOM that's when the Spirit joined the baptism. I felt like we won the World Cup or sum. I was just pure happy and hyped. For a few minutes, I felt the joy that God feels every day, when someone gets baptized, confirmed, endowed, sealed, born, or goes to the spirit world... God feels a lot of joy, and I know that He wants us all to feel the same joy. This family is an example to me of walk by faith 🤍

Our bike "payaso" is having problems. The chain falls off every 30-60 seconds, which makes riding more fun, also I taught Elder Miranda how to ride with no hands. He loves it!

Love, Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to baptize three sisters!! A beautiful week for sure. How did you teach with no one talking? I can’t even imagine how that would work.😂

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...