Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, October 16, 2023

I'm a Spaniard!!

"The mission is the MTC; and after the mission is the Mission" - Biblia

Metroooo
This was a European week to describe it simply. I like Europe. It sure has its weird stuff. Like metal Clone Wars porta potties with lasers, Nesquik haters, and not a lot of people are just dying to listen to us, but I do like Europe a lot. The members here are legit. They are disciples of God and not just Sunday Mormon-type lads. I like that because you know what, I'm learning that if you really want to live with God again, then you can't just be a Sunday Mormon. You might as well be a Friday Athiest. Maybe that's harsh and not doctrine, but the point is that we need to Endure to the End and be Lifelong disciples and followers of Christ.

Highlights of the week!!

- Had an awesome Mission Conference in Madrid with Élder Alluaid and his wife.  He is from Argentina and taught us so much good stuff.  One of the things I learned is that you can't have a testimony unless you are willing to put in the work and you can't give someone a testimony.  They have to want to build one! He also taught us about the scripture in Ether 12:6.  I loved the concept that we need faith in order to have a miracle.

And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that afaith is things which are bhoped for and cnot seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no dwitness until after the etrial of your faith.
I am really loving my new companion!  I'm learning so much Spanish but also just enjoy searching with someone from Spain.

- Got to go to the Madrid Spain temple and participate in everything in Spanish!!!  I could understand everything so that was awesome.

- Jose María, Jorge, and Rosmery are all preparing for baptism in one way or another. Please pray for them:)!
Irún, Spain with vespa zooming towards Hendaya, France
Juan Carlos really embodies the classic Spaniard look

- gave a talk off the top in spañol and it was 9.5 minutes long!  It was about Alma and I tried to use some of the teaching techniques that I learned from Élder Alluaid at the mission conference.
My nephew Quinn tryna give me besitos
Made Baleadas with the Oviedos! Love them so much (We are helping them get married, then baptized)

- tried to give myself a haircut this morning

- Claudia got confirmed!! 🔥🔥👻
The young guns here in San Sebastián
The Good Book, The Book of Life
If you are thinking about serving a mission and are unsure. GO! It's the best decision I've ever made and I've only barely started. It's hard and weird and sometimes you feel incapable of talking or helping (like rn. I'm in a car with this member named Santi and I don't understand more than 10% of what he is saying) but I have already seen myself change a little and become more of the Nathan Chapman Ditto that I am supposed to become.  Plus God recommends it, so go if you can!
Love, Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. Exciting to see you enjoying the mission life in Spain 🇪🇸! Lots of great thoughts. Best to you Elder ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...