Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, October 23, 2023

God knows I love Brasil


 mi Reino
 

Catholic cathedral in Bilbao that we got to go to on P-Day


There's an absolutely LIT family from Brasil that lives in a city an hour away called Irun. The mom and two of the three kids are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but the 11-year-old boy is not. They moved here two years ago and didn't know where the church building was located. On Saturday we had planned to go to Irun to visit five less active families (including the Brasilanos) but they all fell through. So we had an afternoon without lessons. We said a prayer asking God to help us go where He wanted us to go and ended up going to Irun anyway.

We knocked on the Brasilians door and they let us in. We walked in and started teaching a normal lesson and then the mom walked out and she was looking super sick. She told us that her work has not been paying her and that she is very sick right now. It's hard to understand her because she speaks a mix of Portuguese and Spanish so the gift of tongues was helping out a lot. She even told us, in front of her kids, that she thought about committing suicide the day before.  Élder Arcos and I offered to give her a blessing. I know that priesthood blessings are real. And after we gave her the blessing she said she felt better. 

Then we invited them to church and helped them find which metro and bus to take and everything. It is hard to go to church in Europe because the chapel is ONE Hour away!! And no one has a car. We are pouring our testimonies on them and doing everything we can to help them get back on the covenant path, that really is the best way to live. And then the next day they didn't come. RIIIIIIP. It was the saddest thing ever. So Élder Arcos and I are going to wake up at 6 AM next Sunday to take the metro to their house, pull them out of bed, and bring them to church. They need the blessings.


So there's a nice story for y'all.
Spilled a lil mate
I am studying the New Testament right now and trying to develop more charity. 

Because "though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains and have not charity, I am nothing." 
-Your 🫵 Dad in Heaven (1 Corinthians 13:2). 


There is a little bit of contention between the Vascos, Spaniards, and French haha. America is the best country!
 There was a race and a rollerblading race that shut down the whole city, including the buses on Sunday. So that made us pull up to church late. 

 Posted up in Getaria, a super beautiful city

Lowkey my new comp and I are super different from each other and sometimes it gets me down because holy we are like the opposite from each other. It would be lit to be comps with my brother Cooper because we are so similar but if God needs me to learn some things from Élder Arcos (those who have served missions understand) I just hope and pray every day that we can find those elect amigos while I'm working on my charity. The Bible has some good stuff in it.

Go have a fun day. I'm gonna slay the dama like the good ole days. 

1 comment:

  1. Really loved reading your letter, sweetie, and it sure sounds like the Lord is on your side and helping you. You are in my prayers and I know you are doing exactly what the Lord wants you to do. Don’t be discouraged. Keep up the good work. Love you so very much, big hugs from Gram

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...