Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, August 21, 2023

Run it back Turbo!

Got transfer news! Pretty wild to think that I am almost done with my first transfer on my mission. I still feel like I don't know what's going on most of the time. Elder Nelson and I are staying in San Sebastian! We finna run it back!

Handstand in the town of Tolosa!


I'm really excited that we are both staying because this week we spent a lot of time fixing our schedules and finding meeting times that are actually going to work with our amigos because one thing I have learned about myself is that I hate when people cancel things, and unfortunately, on the mission, I think its safe to say that things get canceled more often than not. So our goal has been to try to reduce the rate of cancellations. Something I didn't really think pertained to a mission until now.


You know those classic crazy missionary stories of suspicious food, language confusion, and interesting people. I had a good one on Tuesday. Elder Nelson and I took the train to a super bonita city called Tolosa to visit and member and talk about baptism with the member's mom. Their door opened and we were greeted by a heap of cats. We sat down and some absolute grub was presented in front of us. A pile of tubes of meat and a corpse of a chicken, my best guess. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I still don't know what it was haha. 

After the lesson, we sat on a bench and watched a drug deal. A guy a few stories upchucked a small bag of mystical substance onto the ground a few meters (I'm learning) in front of us, then he whistled and a lady whipped around the corner and grabbed it as she walked by. It was pretty smooth I must admit lol. 
 Dang. Gonna stitch this up


Had some really good lessons this week. Jesenía has a baptismal date! Please pray for her to feel comfort and God's love for her, because she is pretty nervous about baptism. We're seeing that baptism seems like something kind of scary for a lot of people. But really it's not. It is a commandment and it is very important, but also it is a huge blessing! Through baptism, it is the only way we can return to live with God again. So if you have any fire tips for how to teach baptism I would love that. 
Delicious food (traditional to Pays Bascom, called Bonito en tomate)

Fireworks! Mucha gente!


This week I was reading in Acts about Paul (he was such a good example of a true disciple of Christ, and he is evidence that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can change for the better!) Then Tyler sent me this scripture which is a heater so I would like to share it with y'all. 

Romans 8:31, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" 

Absolutely no one! That's who! Even though it can be hard to find strength in God at times, when we continue to pray for strength and surround ourselves with good people and media, we can feel His infinite love for us! And that is so powerful. We are on God's team! And God literally can't lose! 
The lads!


God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...