Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, August 28, 2023

3 Euro Txurro

Attitude of Gratitude. That's my family's motto. Because at the end of the day, we choose if it was a good day or a bad day. Let's just say I had to do some choosing this week haha.

Jose Maria, an absolute legend of a man

Jesus served a mission. He did street contacting and knocked on some doors. He taught kids, adults, blind people, and leapers, he taught them all. He taught with stories people would understand, one time he even just drew in the sand. I don't know if He ever got a pday (my day off each week) but I could see him and the boys playing some futbol or fishing or sum. Jesus helped convert a lot of people. I really want to do the same. But there were also a lot of people that rejected Him. A lot. And there were probably also a lot of people that believed Him and what He was teaching but didn't secure the bag (get baptized) in that moment. That had to be hard for Christ. Because He KNEW that it was true. And right now, as I'm writing this email, I feel like I can relate to Him a little bit more than I used to be able to through my mission. Jesus knows us perfectly! Don't forget that.

a walking Real Sociedad

I had Paella for the first time.--please note 'lil Timmy, the shrimp, eyeballs and all. Paella is a famous Spanish dish that has saffron-flavored rice cooked with meats, seafood, and vegetables. A nice woman in the ward made it for us.


On Thursday we traveled over to Zarautz to meet with 3 of our amigos who live over there. One is Jesenia, who had a baptismal date but we had to move it because she doesn't feel quite ready, the other was with our homie Andoni, which got canceled, and the other was with Lilian. A lowkey elect lady who really loves God. Lilian forgot to come to her own cita so we were a little bummed as the day didn't seem to be going exquisitely. 
Txurros! 3 euros, good cop



But then I remembered I had some euros in my pocket so we walked across the street and bought txurros! (churros in Euskera). Sometimes we need to take a step back, eat a churro, and laugh a little. We cannot forget to find the good moments in the hard times! 

I'm just tryna keep it real with y'all in the emails. Emails are nice cuz I can type out how I'm feeling haha. I feel like I could record some bangers (songs) right now if I had time to think about my thoughts lol.  I'm really grateful for these experiences, the good and the hard because they help me understand Jesus a little more. Jesus is an absolute legend. Idk how He did it. 
Taught a lesson in the back of a car hahah (my 2nd lesson in the back of a car)

We had a lesson on miracles with Juni (our homie who got baptized a few weeks ago) and she brought us Arepas. Those HIT. yummy. Shoutout Juni for supplying us with food because we are so poor right now haha. But we had a really good lesson with Juni about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She had so many good questions about Joseph Smith, prophets, and personal revelation. It was awesome to teach something a little different than usual. In the lesson, she said ¨I know the Book of Mormon is true." When she said that I just couldn't help but smile. The way the gospel changes lives is so cool and it's a privilege to be a little part of it.
Inside the organ!


We had a lesson with our friend Oier. He LOVES to play the organ. He plays in a few cathedrals around Spain. We had a lesson inside the cathedral San Ignacio in Gros, España.  Oier showed us around the organ and played some fire tunes. Gonna get a Oier feat. young chap songs one of these days haha. He is really talented and we told him that if he gets baptized he can play at the Tabernacle. broma, but fr. jaja. Anyways, Nelson and I taught him inside the cathedral while a service was going on. Preaching in the synagogue type b.
This week I challenge y'all to pick an attribute of Christ and study it and remember it throughout the week or day. I've found that having a specific attribute in mind can help me make better decisions throughout the day. 

This week I ain't gonna let nun get me down! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...