Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Ratatouille Vibes this week

HEY


- I saw FRANCE! Some members live in a city called Irún (which borders France) and you know Élder Nelson and I snagged a picture.
The river separates Spain from France.



The river separates España y Francia and our homie Santiago was telling us how there's an island in that river that is part of España for 6 months and the other 6 months of the year it is part of France lol. Gotta go teach the good word to the island natives before the 6 months are up haha! 


- Played fútbol in España with some kids! This has been something I've always wanted to do my entire life. 
This member family invited us over for dinner.  It was so yummy!

Dinner!  Bread, cheese, and prosciutto




- one thing I love about Spain is how diverse it is. The people, lots of immigrants from Central America, and also the beautiful nature and super old city. Like we were in the city with all the cathedrals then we saw this dirt path leading into the trees and we just trotted into el Camino de Santiago. We were following the maps to get to an amigos house but we ended up at like an insane asylum or something haha.

Miracle:
One day we were walking back to our piso (apartment) and I was kinda down not gonna lie! Spanish was brutal that day and some lessons got canceled. But as we were walking two guys stopped us! This never happens hahaha. Ever. I was confused. I was like "You want to talk to me??" And also one of the guys (Anthony) spoke English. Miracle already! But Anthony is from Romania and he was telling us about how he wanted to learn more about the gospel. First, I thought I was dreaming because this never happens. But I wasn't dreaming because we've had some lessons with him and his dad and he's saying he loves reading the Book of Mormon! This is why I'm here. Some days are hard bro! But when something like this happens I remember why I'm here and that God is watching over all of his children. 



Have a great week everyone! Tyler and Hailee are getting married in 2 days! Holy!  Addison comes home from his mission in less than a week! 



Sorry, this email isn't anything special. It doesn't rhyme or anything lol, but I'm so grateful for this time I have to serve the people of Spain!

I've given two talks in Spanish so far.  Here they are if you would like to listen:


Love, 
Elder Ditto

2 comments:

  1. Dear Elder Ditto, it is so great to read your letters and your miracle is wonderful so glad you are serving the Lord there, and I know it will make a huge difference in your life, and the lives of many people there that you bring to Christ. Love you so much and pray that the Lord will bless you with exceedingly, and always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes from grandma Ditto

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...