Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, July 17, 2023

"Its my turn joy, my turn" - Daris Sanek

Ok yo, I AM IN ESPANA. San Sebastian is my area. 

A R E   Y O U   S E R I O U S. bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is insnane. Also we saw the KINGS crib, his literall CASTLE. I got a pic on my cam. 

My comp is Elder Nelson, from Eagle Idaho, He knows Carter kinda. SPAIN, and just Europe, is willlllld. 


Yo y Elder Nelson, hes a g mans, and his spanish is SOIMPRESSIVE


I got here on Friday I think and that was a whole experience in itself, some major delays, first time trying Whataburger (I had to since it was my first time in Texas) Texas is pretty cool.



I spoke to a guy from Alicante Spain in the plane ride here, saw a grande lightning storm on the plane, said my few words to some security guards in Spanish, oh ya and got dinner and breakfast on the plane. It was a good time, but none of us missionaries had time to sleep for like 2.5 days. So that was super tiring. BUT, we are here.

My location if you wanna run up on me
I'm right across the border from France.  

Me and El Buen Pastor (Cathedral) which is like actually less than 1 minute from my piso (house)
Statue of Peter holding the keys


So before I got here to San Sebastian, I thought, ya I could probably get by teaching a lesson to someone, or talking to them, or buying things, or like asking someone if they need help, or talking to them on the phone. but yo, I cannot do any of those things. I did give a talk in church yesterday (In Spanish, yes!) and it was good. But we had some lessons yesterday and seriously I did not know what was going on. I said one thing, The First Vision, which was awesome, but I could only say it because I have it memorized. So I feel really bad because I am not much help to Elder Nelson right now. But ya, Spanish is super hard actually. I just wanna be able to talk to people. 
I thought these "carros" were funny

At the grocery store earlier today I did ask a lady where the Q Tips were in Spanish so I was hyped on that lol.
Madrid Temple, I love the temple, pls go

Madrid temple






Ok so if you are still reading, thank you, this will probably be one of my longer emails since I literally traveled across the world this week so I have something to say. 



Even the sewer things are dope here



Ratatouille vibes, No?






Estatua del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús





This is Basque, it's a different language that some people speak who live here

But this morning I was feeling pretty discouraged about Spanish and Missionary Work, (ima be real, they are both HARD, probably all you know that) but I was reading in 3 Nephi 14, which is when Jesus visited and taught the people of Ancient America after he was resurrected. I've read these verses before but today they hit differently. 

3 Nephi 14:7-8 "Pedid, y se os dará; buscad, y hallaréis; llamad, y se os abrirá. 8 Porque todo el que pide, recibe; y el que busca, halla; y al que llama, se le abrirá." 

Sorry Idk what that says, "Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 8 For everyone that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened." 

There we go. I read this and I know it's true because I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that God ALWAYS keeps his promises, and this is a promise. So I am going to trust God and Jesus in this. So I prayed that he would help me in my efforts to learn Spanish muy rapido. I know that God loves us and that he wants to see us again. Do all you can to return to Him and email or Facebook message me if I can help you come closer to Him. And I am so lucky to be serving a mission right now. 
Zurriola beach!! Just played a sec of futbol with some Spaniards on Pday.
Everyone plays soccer here!



These are my homies. Jesus (he's learning English) Maria (she knows 4 languages) Elder Nelson (my comp) me (mucho sol en mi ojos)


Atletico is sick
















Sorry, this is way too long. Spain is dope. I love y'all.

love, Elder Ditto

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how old everything is? In the PNW, our history is very short. We found Portugal to be a way slower pace than here. Same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, your letter wasn't too long. All the pictures really give us a sense of life for you.

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...