Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, July 31, 2023

Got a new Sis this week!!

This morning I was reading in the only book I like to read (The Book of Mormon) and came across some fire verses. Before I share the verses, here's some context. Moroni was an ancient prophet in the Americas. And when he had the golden plates (what we now know as The Book of Mormon) there was a huge war going on where everyone who believed in Christ was put to death by super wicked people. So every day, Moroni hid by himself to preserve his life. Imagine that! 

In the 7th chapter of his book, Moroni wrote about charity.  He wrote that "charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him (Moroni 7:47)." 

I think charity can be shown in many different ways. So these last couple of days I have been trying to earn this gift by focusing on others because that is what Christ did. And I can testify that every day I have kept this goal in mind I feel more love for the people here and also missionary work! Because missionary work is hard! But that doesn't mean it can't be fun too! Every day I love the people a little more and come to know our Savior Jesus Christ a little more too. Can't wait to see myself in 2 years. 



Love it here!


DIVERTIDOS



- Zone Conference. Was absolutely a blast. Played fútbol with other missionaries and amigos. Learned a lot. Had to haul around my enormous bag to Zone Conf, absolutely goofy of me, but I didn't have a smaller bag.
My new bag


- But God is always watching out for me so of course I found a nicely sized classic European leather bag in a garbage pile in Irún 2 days later. Dog I was so hyped! This bag is so botín (swag). I took it home and now it's my travel bag. 


- Used an imperial-looking portapotty basically. Idk what else to call it haha. It was a big metal box and there was a laser that pointed at you while you were in there. 



- Went to Hondarribia on Saturday during a massive festival. If I understood the info I gathered from Spaniards, this festival was straight up a day off work solely for the purpose of drinking beer. Haha. There were hecka lads sipping that day. But we found a family who was so ready to hear the gospel. We taught them the whole Plan of Happiness and gave them copies of the Book of Mormon. That's a miracle! 
Pays Vasco flag



- Some facts about San Sebastian (my city right now). It's part of Pays Vasco (I think it's like a fake country made up of Northern Spain and Southern France). People from Pays Vasco speak the language of Euskera. And it has literally no relation to any other language, there's not even a Book of Mormon in Euskera. To say "hola" en Euskera you say "Kaixo." It's way dope. Most signs in San Sebastian and surrounding cities are in Euskera. 
Tyler and Hailee at the Payson Utah temple

My family...minus me!



Oh ya, and I got a new sister this week. Love you Hailee!!! 

On Tyler and Hailee's wedding day I carried around this picture from their wedding invitation and bought an Absolutely fire donut to celebrate their wedding!!



Send me pics or music or letters or whateva lol: 


Address: 
Calle San Martin Kalea 15 2B
San Sebastián 20005
Donostia Gipuzkoa España

Love yall! AGUR

Gave another talk in church on Sunday, July 30




No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...