Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Friday, June 9, 2023

Bouncing outta Yakima

Oye! 


Last Friday Elder Maile got news that he can't come to the Provo MTC because his VISA didn't get received in time or whatever the VISA needs to do. I hate VISAs a lot. Elder Maile is my dog and he is already in the mission field in Sydney Australia. He only went to the MTC for a week. I love that guy. He said he's gonna invite me to his wedding and we will go to Bunnings Warehouse and get sausage sizzles with him and his mates. That sounds so lit. I'm now in a trio with Elder Balser and Elder Smith.

Game night at Alex and Alexa's house after a long and good day of Home MTC.

Quinn and me


Teaching Quinn to walk


Future Elder Ditto

On Sunday we went to Alex and Alexa's house to play games and I kinda taught Quinn (my nephew) how to walk. I love Quinn. He's gonna be shredding the monopatin (skateboarding) in no time.

Quick bite to eat between classes with my mom

Saying "bye" to the Andersens! I'm going to miss them!

My last dinner at home...I picked homemade stromboli and Ceaser salad! 

Monday night we played our last family game of wiffle ball and then my dad gave me a Father's Blessing.  We all sat around on the trampoline and everyone shared something they loved about me and what trait they thought I had that would make me a good missionary.  It was a special night.



On Monday we had two lessons and they were bad and good. We are learning how to teach better. We also balled up some beisbol with the fam and my mom made YUMmmy food it was so good. Thanks, mom. 

Last early morning skate shesh before flying out to the MTC. 


Luggage scale at the airport


On Tuesday I left yak. My check on bags were both like exactly 49 lbs, clutch up.
Chloe

Mom and Dad

Baby Quinn

Tyler

Farewell to the bois...several of my friends will be leaving on missions in the next couple of months.

Hailee

Alexa

Last hug with mom

Family pictures with the whole airport send-off crew

Mom and Tyler watching me go through security



This is what I wrote in my journal right after I said "bye" to my family: 

I just said "bye" to my fam and friends for two years. It doesn't feel real that is for sure. I am definitely sad and nervous to leave and start, but I'm also hyped. While I'm gone have fun and send me pics and stuff. I love my homies they are all so cool. 


Flight from Yakima to Seattle to Salt Lake City and then final "goodbyes" at the Provo MTC

Alysee picked me up from the SLC airport

We had a fun night together riding Dallin's homemade go-cart and eating a super yummy dinner!

The next morning Alysee and I did personal scripture study and then some last minute shopping before meeting Aunt Leah and Uncle Geoff for lunch.

Italian lunch with Leah, Geoff, and Alysee right before heading to the Provo MTC.

Last farewell pictures

Goodbye Alysee!!


Alysee dropped me off at the MTC.  There was an Elder there to help me with my luggage.


I love the MTC. The spirit I feel here is insane It's so good. I have only been here for 3 days but I've already learned so much and seen a lot of homies from BYU! 
At the Provo MTC




I love my district, they are all dope. 
Our MTC dorm room - we have five of us living here instead of six because of Elder Maile not making it here.

Para Elder Kemp. Unpacking at the MTC -- two years of deodorant!!

Had to 'yod up

 My district. Without Elder Maile rip. Love you guys


Mis companions (Elder Balser on left, Elder Smith on right)



Today for p day we had a lesson and went to the temple. Don't worry we also did some fun stuff, played a little volleyball and went to the gym. Even p days are busy!

I found a Vespa


Spanish word of the week: bendito 

I think it means blessing but I thought it was cool because if I name my kid Ben his name will be BenDito basically. haha
My District at the Provo Temple


My first mission facebook post


Spiritual thought:

God will help you do hard things! 

We all have trials in our life and sometimes it feels like they are overpowering. One thing that helps me when I feel this way is to remember that God loves me and wants me to succeed. 1 Nephi 17:1 says it best, "...And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them;" 

If we do our best to be obedient to what God has told us to do, He will make sure we get thru it.  

Love yall

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Elder Ditto what a fabulous send off with the family and friends! Brings some tears to my eyes. Your going to do great things. Blessing to you! Julie Turner

    ReplyDelete

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...