Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, June 3, 2024

I Just Hit ONE Year!!!

We had a fire Zone pday in Torrejon. 

Zone P-day!!!
Crockpot rice was a fail



Elder Roddy and I took the pleasure of cooking meat, rice, and beans for 24 missionaries. The meat was easy, the beans were easy, the rice though...that was not easy. We tried at first cooking the rice in the crockpot, but that didn't work like that, so this morning we quickly whipped up some mid-rice.  Good news...my mom sent me Taco Seasoning so the tacos were still gas. We played soccer, and volleyball, and did a water balloon fight and water gun fight mas o menos. Super lit, it was really hot outside so it felt good and everyone had a good time. 



A chaval named Johnny Appleseed (code name) got baptized on Saturday, and a recent convert named Philip baptized him. Elder Rod Wave and I planned the whole baptism out 5 days before it happened. However, there were still at least two things that didn't go as planned (we forgot to assign a music director and one of the people who was gonna give a talk couldn't come, and the baptismal clothing was too small for both of them) so I guess three things didn't go as planned. 
So with 10 minutes' notice, I tried to think of a good talk about the Holy Ghost for Johnny Appleseed.  I ended up talking about Ratatouille - how Remi controlled Linguini (what a classic analogy) and I was told this at one point, but I forgot until after the baptism when Johnny told me that his favorite movie is Ratatouille. The Holy Ghost clutched up! After the baptism the ward finally pulled up, to watch the Champion's League final. lol there were MANY more people at the Champions League vs the baptism. HALA MADRID vamos chavalinos, madrid is the best.



Other highlights:

- I hit a year
- did 2 exchanges
- I love teaching about the gospel
- Time to grind, smartly

Love, 

Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...