Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, December 25, 2023

Away in a Manger

Feliz Navidad kp!


On Saturday Élder Stone and I hit up an exchange and biked 30 KM. Crazy. I wake up so sore every day lol, but the people we visited came to church on Sunday so it was 100% worth it.
 I love biking everywhere!


A few months ago I started talking to a guy on Facebook from Cuba, his name is Gavael. We finally figured out the time change between Spain and Cuba and taught him the restauración over a video call. We sent him the LDM app and IT IS PROHIBITED IN CUBA!! Satanas bro. Actually ridiculous. This experience helped me realize that everyone in any part of the world has questions about life and wants to feel God's love. 
One thing Élder Miranda and I have been focusing on a lot is letting the Book of Mormon do the teaching. We have been discussing how these truths in the Book Of Mormon are eternal! They never have changed and never will. so why are we as missionaries (and members of His church) sometimes scared or nervous or embarrassed to tell a friend or family member one of these eternal truths?? The word and gospel of God are clear and simple, and the Book of Mormon says them best. 
Elder Stone, Elder Romrell, Elder Mirada, the Hermana's and myself
Humility. I want it. I need it. Tengo sed for it. What is humility? What really is it? It's not just being quiet or shy about a talent. I am still trying to understand it really well but I think humility is between a person and God. To be grateful for what God has given me and to work hard to fully master my full potential. To never be prideful and take credit for God's work or think you are All That. My Spanish is alright, it's not bad, but I still mess up all the time and have an American boi accent. I want to speak perfectly. Sometimes I feel like I should be better at Spanish than I am and that's usually when I start thinking about humility, im gonna start doing better estudios de idioma and praying more. I gotta sit down and be humble, then stand up and don't mumble lol.
Feliz Navidad
My companion, Elder Miranda (on the left) was a professional padel ball (kind of like pickle ball) player before his mission.  My parents sent him a padel for Christmas and Tyler gave me a padel for Christmas as well.  Elder Stone is looking grouchy because he just lost to Elder Miranda.
Olite Medival Castle near Pamplona.  We got to stop there on our way to a member dinner visit on Christmas day.

Christmas package from my family.  The Merchant's Craft soda really got me!


Amazing fancy Christmas day meal that a family invited us over to have with them.  The little skinny squiggly things on the left hand side are baby eels called Angulas. They kind of tasted like noodles.

Christmas on the mission is lit cuz it happens every day, just without presents. I love thinking about Jesus' humble birth and ministry. Big J was the only one worthy of boasting but never did. 

Stay down <3 éditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...