Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, November 6, 2023

Papas

Matador missionary

We was out and about on the calles (streets) this Halloween. I was dressed up nicely as a servant of the Lord but still not many wanted the sweet treat of the Word of God that night. I think four lessons were canceled in a row. 

lil skatepark

We were walking around this pueblo (city) and then I saw a skatepark! What a tender mercy🙏, I was hoping God had also placed a skateboard in the skatepark, but alas there wasn't, so I just ran around it for a sec imagining. Then we randomly ran into Claudia (who got baptized a month ago!) Another tender mercy🕊

 How many potatoes do you think are in there?

Then we did a pass-by (knock on the door of a member or amigo) at a member's family's house and they let us in to share a message🚦. Halfway through the message, the doorbell rang and a tío (uncle) had just brought a GARGANTUINE bag of potatoes yo. It was large. So Élder Arcos, Juan Manuel, and I got to do service and carry this thing up 4 flights of stairs jaja. A literal tender mercy for reals 🥔! I love serving people (like manual labor) and in Spain, service almost doesn't exist cuz nobody has a yard or a house (all apartments).


This day must have been good because I also wanna share the message we shared with Juan and his wife. Since it was all unplanned I had no clue what we should share with them but I was studying the allegory of the olive tree (Jacob 5) so I was like, aight vamos. And everyone talks about this chapter and how it's super long and confusing, but we did it anyway.  


And it was super good! They ended up talking about their kids who aren't active members anymore and how there is still hope for them. I'm not gonna toot my own horn because I'm really just a normal guy but my confidence in teaching hard things really went up after that lesson. I like that chapter a lot, verses 47 and 75 are fire. 

47 But awhat could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have bstretched forth mine chand almost all the day long, and the dend draweth nigh. And it grieveth me that I should hew down all the trees of my vineyard, and cast them into the fire that they should be burned. Who is it that has corrupted my vineyard? 
75 And it came to pass that when the aLord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And bblessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the cnatural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have djoy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.


In the vineyard (viña) the servant (us) and the Lord of the vineyard (Jesús) get down and dirty TOGETHER to help produce good fruit (yummy olives) and even though we work our hardest and water, dig, dung a nice orchard some trees bring forth good fruit and others bad. Más o menos. You should study it! 🫒 

I've also set the goal to finish the New Testament by my birthday, the Book of Mormon by Christmas, and Jesus the Christ by the one-year mark of my mission. I need the info 🥣😋

Pday fun with my district
That's about it homies, also last night I thought of this:

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away but a chapter a day keeps Diablo away!"
Sign me Cole Bennett!!

On the way to Biblao to celebrate Élder Esmít's bday🥳 Tutaloo


My dream is to be fluent enough in Spanish that I can freestyle in Spanish!

love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might look forming but it's good stuff

Alma 59-61  The last time I read these chapters I didn't learn much but President Eastland did a personal study with us and I learned a ...