Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, September 16, 2024

Perfecting Toward God

I met a guy named Stif this week (Steve)  Before my mission I thought Latino people's names were always Manuel or Jose but honestly it's like 50/50 between the classic Jesús and the dude named Peter, you never know. 


Satan, Sadness                            God, Happiness
😖                                   🧍‍♂️                                   😇
         < - - - - - - - - - - -              - - - - - - - - - - - >
                   (sin)                      (repentance)

Ok, I hope that worked. I was thinking about this. We are all imperfect and live in a sinful world. In this beautiful diagram I crafted, the 🧍‍♂️ (us) never can stay in the same place. We are either moving towards the 😖 or the 😇. If I sleep an entire day as a missionary, I didn't complete my purpose for that day, so it's bad and it's a sin, not a mega sin but it's definitely not moving me towards God. If I spend the whole day teaching people about Jesus, that's good and it helps me move towards God.
The  - - - - - - - - > motion on the diagram is repentance, we don't have to kill someone or steal in order to repent. If we want to become like Christ or God (pure intentions, loving...) it requires changing some things about us and starting new things about us. This is what repentance means! Repentance also is not an event, it is a way of life 😇 If we strive to become like Jesús and Heavenly Father we will end up repenting every day! And it often is hard to repent or painful, and Jesus understands Kinda interesting and it's not perfect so lmk if you have thoughts. 






Exchange with Anciano Garces from Italy. We went to Usera, Madrid to eat ramen because it is literally China. All the signs and people are Chinese 🇨🇳 It was a cool vibe.
My mom sent my Chik fil A sauce a while ago 🤍 and I put in on Arroz Chaufa at a member meal, it was a hit.

Stif and Maria pulled up to church without knowing really anything about the church. That's faith. Gonna see what's good with them this week.

Love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Went to the Prado!

  - We went to the  Museo del Prado in Madrid  and saw some classic paintings.  A lot of the paintings and sculptures I had learned about in...