Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Elder Nathan Ditto Email Address: nathan.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, September 2, 2024

Hasta Loogo Torrejon de Ardoz

This week I have been thinking a lot about what makes a great teacher? and who have been my best teachers?? Because as a "normal person" before being a missionary, you don't really teach anyone anything, but then all of a sudden, you are supposed to be a pro teacher 24/7! 

I feel like the answer to the classic question, "How can I prepare for my mission?" would actually be to start teaching people things! Teach them how to ski, play kendama, make a song, read, give a talk etc. Cuz think about it, in your life, which class has been your least favorite?? Was it because maybe the teacher was not good? And then think about your favorite class/subject in school. I am willing to bet that the teacher in that class was a phenomenal teacher. lmk. And that is exactly why I have been focusing intensely on becoming a better teacher, if you are a missionary and you are reading this, you are a real one, and I invite you to read "Teaching in the Savior's Way" trust. 




Btw I am leaving Torrejon de Ardoz tmmr and going to serve in Alcorcon with Elder Farnsworth. He is from Lubbock Texas from what I have heard, shoutout Coopy. I feel very satisfied with the work I have been able to do in Torrejon and also at this point I recognize probably 20% of all citizens in Torrejon and have probably tried to teach 19% of them already so I think it's probably about time to bounce lol. 
Elder Thacker and I were able to teach our family from Peru on Saturday about the Plan of Salvacion and Bautismo. We really really focused on trying to teach simply, with the spirit, and boldly, and it was so good. The spirit was definitely there. We invited them all to be baptized on the 21st of September, and the mom and dad said "yes," and the 3 kids were unsure. They are reading, praying, coming to church, and the activities, so I have faith they will all feel ready by that time. I am very grateful to have been able to see the beginning process of this family's conversion and also how much the mom and dad have changed. They are so humble, sincere, and really cool people.
Something kinda random but it is crazy that normal life keeps going while someone is serving a mission. At home we have an exchange student from Bilbao, Cooper is at BYU, Alysee is gonna have a baby, and many other things that idk if they are secrets or not lol. But it makes me proud and happy to see that my family is continually progressing. 
I want new hobbies, send ideas. I'm thinking about buying a guitar.

Love, Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Went to the Prado!

  - We went to the  Museo del Prado in Madrid  and saw some classic paintings.  A lot of the paintings and sculptures I had learned about in...